Looking for something to get you out of the post-spring break blues? Or maybe to comfort and console you as you quickly approach the end of the semester and finals week? Look no further than this scrumptious macaroni and cheese recipe that will keep you going back for more whether you’re finishing up a final paper or binge watching a Netflix series to procrastinate school work.
2 cups of Colby Jack Cheese (grated)
1/2 a cup of Cheddar Cheese (grated)
1 box (8 ounces) of Macaroni and Cheese
3 cups of milk
1/4 cup of butter
2 and a half tablespoons of flour
1/2 cup of Panko Bread crumbs
1. Cook pasta according to the directions on the package. Drain the pasta.
2. In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in enough flour to make a thick browned mixture, or a roux.
3. Add the milk to roux slowly and stir it constantly. Stir in cheeses and cook over low heat until cheese is melted.
4. Put the pasta in the saucepan with the melted cheese and stir until blended together.
5. Put macaroni in a large dish and sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the top.
6. Put the dish in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.