With its rapidly cooling temperatures and colorful leaves on the ground, autumn is an all-around beautiful season. Debatably, the best part about autumn for many is the great return of pumpkin spice. Skip the exhausting lines at Starbucks and empty calories by incorporating pumpkin spice into a healthy, filling and nutritious breakfast.
Pumpkin Spice Oats
1 cup oats
2 cups water
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 mashed banana
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon flaxseed
1/4 cup crushed walnuts
1 cup berries, assorted
1) Combine oats, water, pumpkin, cinnamon and vanilla in a pot over a heated stove.
2) Cook on medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3) Add the mashed banana and flaxseed into the mixture.
4) Continue stirring until fully cooked.
5) Pour into a bowl and top off with berries and walnuts to your liking.