Bundling up for the cool, fall breeze and getting into October definitely puts pumpkin on the mind. Instead of having the same old traditional pumpkin bread or pumpkin spice lattes, however, switch up your meals with this easy and delicious seasonal recipe.
2 cups canned pure pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon ground cumin
8 eight-inch flour tortillas
4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. In bowl, stir pumpkin and cumin; season.
2. Spread over four tortillas.
3. Sprinkle with cheese and nuts.
4. Top with remaining tortillas.
5. In large skillet, heat one tablespoon, oil over medium low.
6. Cook quesadillas one at a time for three minutes, turning once and adding more oil between batches until tortillas are browned.
7. Cut into wedges.