Warm, crumbly cornbread is usually a staple at the Thanksgiving table, and polenta is a great vegan alternative. It’s a simple side dish perfect for experimenting with different spices and flavor combinations.
1 cup polenta grits
3 cups water
6 tablespoons vegan butter
4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
2 tablespoons rosemary
1 tablespoon thyme
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Add three cups of water and one cup of polenta grits to a large skillet or saucepan on medium-to-high heat.
3. Mix polenta with wooden spoon continuously for about 10 minutes.
4. Once polenta begins to form a paste, add four tablespoons of vegan butter, nutritional yeast, rosemary, thyme,
garlic powder, salt and pepper. Continue mixing for five to 10 more minutes.
5. Use the remaining two tablespoons of vegan butter to grease a glass baking dish. Once polenta firms and
begins to bubble, scoop into dish and bake for 20 minutes.
6. Chill polenta in the fridge for a few hours.
7. Reheat and cut into squares before serving.