Campus dessert options for vegans have a stigma of tasting terrible. Just look at Dash at the Commons’ “Badass Power Cookie” fiasco, where even the temptation of a free Coke with the purchase of one wasn’t enough to get people over their terrible taste. Thankfully, not all vegan desserts are bad—including these vegan brownies. Vegan Brownies
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
2 cups vegan sugar (any bag of sugar that says “Beet,” “Unrefined,” “USDA Organic” or “Raw” is vegan)
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (unsweetened hot chocolate mix can be substituted, but the chocolate taste
won’t be as strong)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup water
1 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Stir flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
3. Pour in the water, vegetable oil and vanilla; mix until well blended.
4. Spread evenly in a 9x13 inch baking pan.
5. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the top is no longer shiny.
6. Let sit for 10 minutes.