Celebrate summer’s approach with a homemade pesto over pasta alongside a glass of wine—for those of age. Cheers to the end of the semester!
Fresh Basil Pesto
1 lb. pasta
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp. salt
2 cups fresh basil leaves, tightly packed, or more to taste
3 tbsp. pine nuts
1 cup fresh-grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
1 & 1/2 cups fresh-grated Locatelli Romano cheese
5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1. Puree garlic and salt.
2. Gradually add in the basil and pine nuts to the garlic
and salt until pasty.
3. Add both cheeses and the olive oil, stirring rather than
4. Add more olive oil if needed.
5. Add more of any ingredient, to taste.
6. Boil water and cook pasta.
7. Drain pasta and add pesto. Stir until pesto is evenly
8. Serve immediately.