Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and what better way to celebrate than with a homemade card? Especially for us broke college students! Here’s a couple fun––and cheap––ways to win over that special someone. What you will need: Red and pink construction paper, heart shaped doilies, glue (both stick and liquid), glitter, markers or any colorful writing utensils and any other adornments you might like.
- Grab some pink or red construction paper and fold it in half the short way––hamburger style).
- Draw half of a heart on one side.
- With the paper still folded, cut along your line and open.
- Once opened, glue a doily heart in the middle––glue sticks usually work best for this part.
- Write a message to that special someone of yours ... or to your mom.
- Add decorations of all sorts. For glitter, use liquid glue.
- Give the card to your Valentine and watch their face light up.
- Enjoy your romantic night.
What you’ll need: Two wire hangers, red or pink construction paper, string or yarn, marker––white or black will work best––and either a stapler or tape.
- Make an “X” with the two hangers by placing one inside the other and either tape or tie them in place.
- Cut any number or size of hearts out from the construction paper––generally, more for smaller hearts and fewer for larger hearts. See the above craft for directions on cutting hearts.
- Write all of the reasons why you love your Valentine on these hearts.
- Staple or tape one end of a length of string/yarn to the heart and tie the other end to the bottom of the hanger.
- Hold your love-mobile up for that special someone to see.
What you’ll need: Pink or red construction paper, a stapler and a marker.
- Fold and cut the paper in 1/8––in half “hot dog” then fold 1/4
- On each piece, write coupons for all the things your significant other wants, but you don’t usually do.
- Staple the booklet together at one end.
- Give your gift and let the fun––or housework––begin.