Become a food celebrity! Submit your favorite recipes to the Knights' Life Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prep time: Five minutes
1. Drain a can of chickpeas. Reserve the liquid!
2. Put chick peas in blender with:
-1/4 cup lemon juice
-minced garlic to taste (I use 1 tsp.)
-1 tsp. salt
-1/3 cup tahini (sesame paste)
3. For extra spice and flavor, add some cumin and/or crushed red pepper.
4. Start blender and pour in some liquid - it's needed or else the mix won't blend and will put a lot of stress on your blender. (If you forgot to save the liquid, you can use water). Add more liquid as needed to get mixture smooth - I usually use about 2/3 of it.
5. Enjoy with pita or vegetables.
Submitted by Jacob Kriss.