Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip
By Rachel Drumheller
Ingredients (Prices from ALDI):
• 1 bag tortilla chips $.99
• 1 bag shredded cheddar cheese $2.49
• 2 boxes of cream cheese $.99 (each)
• 1 bottle of hot sauce $.99
• 1 box Kirkwood Chicken Breast Tenders $1.99
Total cost: $8.44 + Tax
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Put both packages of cream cheese in a bowl and add hot sauce to taste.
3) Mash hot sauce and cream cheese together with a fork until it's well blended.
4) Cook 10-15 of the Kirkwood chicken strips in the microwave or about 5 regular chicken strips.
5) Cut the chicken strips into bite size pieces.
6) Add chicken to the cream cheese/hot sauce mixture.
7) Add about half the bag of cheddar cheese and stir.
8) Top the mixture with the rest of the cheddar cheese to make a thick top layer.
9) Place it in oven for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.
10) Let cool and then dip away!
Extra Tips: Students on campus can purchase chicken strips with their meal plan. Bite size pieces of celery can also be added or used for the dipping. The dip can also be heated in the microwave on high for 7-10 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.